Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Dear Diary Outfit

Gasp! It's Tuesday, and I'm blogging already?! Don't worry, the Friday post will come on Friday, just like it always does. I just really wanted to share something really quickly with you guys.

Dear Diary outfit on Polyvore
I was listening to the FM Static album Dear Diary today (on my iPod though, since I lent the CD to a friend), and I decided it would be really cool to make an outfit on Polyvore based on the two characters.

For those who don't know, Dear Diary is a concept album, which means it tells a story. Through the songs and the fictional journal entries in the CD booklet, Dear Diary tells the story of a boy, Aero (I promise, that's his name), who moves to a new town, meets a girl who is known as "E.T." throughout the rest of the story, and other events in his life. I'm honestly not sure how to summarize all of, but there's an interview with Trevor McNevan about Dear Diary that I thought was interesting.

With that out of the way, I suppose I should explain the outfit a little bit. Click the jump for more!

I wish I could've found
something like this, but
oh well.
When I started the outfit, I knew I wanted to give E.T. a pink shirt. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything that resembled that cute shirt she wears in the art for the music videos and CD, so I had to go for a plain pink one. I think I made up for it though with the Saturn necklace. See, the whole "alien" thing comes from this line in the booklet where Aero first meets the girl:

"She was extra-terrestrial, there was no question! I’m not sure I knew- until that point- that someone could make such a lasting impression in such a split second. I was STUNNED, stuck in the tractor beam of a flying saucer…speechless."

And throughout the rest of the story, Aero refers to her as E.T.



I got the idea for the pink and green sweatshirts from the picture on the left, which is from the "Her Father's Song" video. Oh yes, and the cassette t-shirt inspiration came from the part where Aero mentions he plays guitar. I figured he'd wear a music-related shirt. And I threw a diary in there for him as well.



So... that turned out a lot longer than I had anticipated. Oh well. I hope you enjoyed reading it, and I'll be back again on Friday!

  

None of these images belong to me, I found them in the CD booklet or music videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment