Friday, January 24, 2014

WinterJam 2014



Hey guys! Sorry it's been so long since my last post. Last week was crazy. I had finals in some of my classes, which took up a lot of time. And then on Thursday night we went to WinterJam, so I never really got the chance to write! Anyways, about WinterJam...

If you've been following my blog, you know that I've gone to WinterJam the last two years (You can check out what I said about WinterJam 2012 here). If you haven't been following my blog or have no idea what WinterJam is, here's the condensed version. Big Christian music tour in the winter time. $10, ten bands. Pay at the door.

If that doesn't satisfy you, you can read this.

Anyway, this year, instead of paying $10 at the door, I went with my church youth group and got VIP tickets, so we could get in early and not have to wait in line. It was great because, well, it was freezing. And man, that line was long.

This year, the headliner was the Newsboys, arguably one of the most well-known names in Christian music. The other nine bands were Derek Minor, Love & The Outcome, Everfound, Colton Dixon, Newsong (they're always on the tour, since they're the band that hosts it), Plumb, Thousand Foot Krutch (my favorite!), Tenth Avenue North, and Lecrae.

Click the jump for more!


The first three bands I hadn't heard of before, but they were all very good. Out of those three though, I have to say that Everfound was my favorite. They put on a great show. There aren't a whole lot of videos online of them at my show, but you can watch them perform "God of the Impossible."







The next few artists I was kinda "meh" about. They all did a great job, it just wasn't my kind of music. Anyway, right around the intermission (either before or after, I can't remember), Thousand Foot Krutch took the stage. I've talked about them before, and they're one of my favorite bands. Unfortunately, they only got the chance to perform four songs, but it was still a great show! You can watch the whole performance here.
My autographed copy of
The End is Where We Begin.

Or, if you're curious, TFK performed -
"Let the Sparks Fly"
"Rawkfist"
"Be Somebody"
"Light Up the Sky"

A couple artists later, Tenth Avenue North performed. Like TFK, they were only able to play a few songs, but they were all very good. Don't quote me on this, but I think they did "Losing," "Worn," "The Struggle," "You Are More," and "By Your Side." You should at least watch the beginning of "Losing," because it sounds really cool.

Moving right along, Lecrae performed after Tenth Avenue North, and then the Newsboys came onstage. I really have almost no recollection of what they did, but I do remember they played "Born Again," "Restart," "God's Not Dead," "Live with Abandon," and "Jesus Freak." I actually missed the last part of their show, since I was waiting in line to get Thousand Foot Krutch's autograph.

Anyways, that's about all I have to say about WinterJam. It was a great concert, and I had a lot of fun. Can't wait for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment