Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Creative Wednesday: Me!

Addison Sparks, the heroine
of
Subject 10. Normally, she
wouldn't be dressed like this, but
in one scene, she works as a
waitress.
This... is awkward.


Let me be honest: Creative Wednesday totally came up without any warning.I was sitting on the couch making fun of a doomsday preppers show or something like that and all of a sudden I though, "Oh snap! I'm supposed to have a blog post tomorrow!" So, unfortunately, you're stuck with me. Hopefully I won't bore you to death.

I actually wasn't even sure what to post for myself, but I have a few short stories and maybe some artwork to go with it. I haven't written too much that's worthwhile lately, but as always you can check out my novel-in-progress Subject 10. If you're not familiar with it, here's the blurb (which I really should rewrite, but oh well)"


Being kidnapped at ten years old, I was confused. Scared. No--terrified. Surrounded by caged rooms, poking scientists, and menacing needles, my only thought was that I needed to get out of there. Unfortunately, I didn’t have my chance until after the “doctors” had changed me. They made me into an experiment, a science fair project known as Subject 10.   
I wasn’t alone though.
There was another boy there, my age. His name was Xavier. He was my only friend during those six years we spent at the testing facility. And, by the time we were both sixteen, we had had enough.
My name is Addison Sparks and this is my story.  


For more short stories, click the jump!

A drawing of Aimee Roberts,
one of my characters.
Let's see... Oh, another work-in-progress, this one without a name. It's actually a re-worked version of something I wrote about a year (?) ago. It's not as big of a project as Subject 10, but I do add some parts to it from time to time.

On that note, I used the same set of characters for something for a writing club where I had to write something set in the past. I'm actually really happy with the way this one came out, so I hope you enjoy it! (It's probably not 100% accurate, but I did do some research).
Blackout




Finally, I wrote a poem a while back about a library. Why? The real question is, why shouldn't someone write a poem about a library? Anyway, here it is.

Silent Stories
by Thechumbles



It’s quiet
Footsteps are soft, voices are hushed
But the books speak, and they tell me stories
Heroes and villains, evil schemes and plot twists
They scream at me – they have a story that must be told
I pick one up, I open it
And I hear the story
 

----------------------------------------------------------------

With that, I'm going to bring this blog post to an end. Remember, if you're interested in being featured on Creative Wednesday, write me a comment below or send an e-mail to thechumbles@gmail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment