Sunday, March 20, 2011

My thoughts exactly

Pokemon Black & White vs. My Wish List

Basicly, this guy wanted five things from Pokemon Black & White:
1. Different Story
2. "Gang" Battles (i.e. 6-on-6)
3. Evolutions for older Pokemons
4. More GTS stuff
5. Trading between generation IV (Diamond, Pearl, etc.) and V (Black & White)

Well, you got some of it. Black & White have 3-on-3 battles, but somebody wrote in a reveiw (GI, I can't remember who it was though) they aren't a big part of the story. I still haven't had one in the actual game, just rotation battles and a triple battle with my friend. Different story:hmm, well I'm told that there are a few plot twists, but other that that, the story follows the same blueprint that, in TPCi's eyes, never gets old. There are a few slight variations, the evil team is trying to free all pokemon from the "cruel" trainers who "enslave" them, which is entirly ironic and dumb, because if you're trying to free pokemon, why don't you start with your own? Anywho, I have a few ideas because me being weird, still hasn't finished the game (!) AFTER THREE WEEKS (!!). Well, (SPOILER ALERT?) The legend of Unova whatchamacallit is that origionally there was a single Pokeman (name unknown) and two twin brothers who were BFF's. Then one day, the two brothers disagreed on something probably very stupid, as that is what most siblings do, and the pokemon slit into Rishiram and Zekrom, both siding with a different brother. Now back to present day the mysterious N (king of team plasma) has ressurected and successfully captured zekrom and challenges you to ressurect and catch rishiram (other way around in pokemon white) and challenge him.  What I think N is trying to do is have both reishiram and zekrom in the same place at once so they can morph back into that ultimate pokemon. Just my idea though. (spoiler alert? End). 

The one single general problem was that the game doesn't have a "come play with me" feel. For example, Pokemon SoulSilver was an okay game but it made me want to play it. Kinda like when you say someone has charisma. Pokemon black had no charisma. Maybe it was just me, but I wanted to play Chibi-Robo more than Pokemon. Its other problem was that it felt...disconnected from the other pokemon games. There are no pokemon from older generations until you finish the game and on top of that, Unova whatchamacallit is described as far away from the four regions of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. Also, the routes start over from 1 again. I don't know about you, but it bothers me. 

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:58 PM

    Doesn't sound as good as the old Pokemon games. :( Is Black or White version better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it depends on what you want. For example, there are some Pokemans you can only get in Black and not White (and vice-versa). Also, there are a few location differences. All this and more can be veiwed at
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Version_exclusives#Generation_V

    ReplyDelete