Friday, March 21, 2014

5 New Releases I Am Looking Forward To In 2014

I know it's already March, but here are five things that I'm looking forward to this year in no particular order.

The Maze Runner film - September 19
The first trailer for this movie was actually just released recently. The Maze Runner is based on the the novel of the same name, written by James Dashner. I've actually been looking forward to this one for a long time, ever since I finished reading The Maze Runner. The cast looks incredible, and the actors really look like they fit the characters they play. I can tell this is going to be a fantastic movie, and I can't wait to see it!



Percy Jackson's Greek Gods - August 19
Basically, it's a retelling of Greek myths from the perspective of Percy Jackson, hero of the Percy Jackson & The Olympians series. There are going to beautiful full color illustration by John Rocco, the artist who created the covers for Percy Jackson & the Olympians and Heroes of Olympus, and if the cover artwork is any sign, it's going to be great.

"Anberlin Seven"
If you don't really follow the band Anberlin, this should just about sum things up.
This year, Anberlin is releasing their seventh and final album. It doesn't have a title yet, but the band is calling it "Anberlin Seven." Even though Anberlin will be done by the end of the year, I'm really excited to hear their last album. I hope I'll be able to make it to a concert this year!



The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 - November 21
The sequel to The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Mockingjay Part 1 comes out this fall. It's based on the book Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. If any of you saw Catching Fire, you might remember how the movie ended. No spoilers, but let's just say that it made me really excited for the next film.


The Hangman's Revolution - June 24
The second book in the W.A.R.P series by Eoin Colfer, The Hangman's Revolution takes place right after the events of the first book, The Reluctant Assassin (if you missed my review of The Reluctant Assassin, click here to read it).  The first installment of the W.A.R.P. series left me with so many unanswered questions... I just can't wait to read the next one!

What are you looking forward to in 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment