Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Creative Wednesday: Katelynne

Hey all! I'm sorry that Creative Wednesday has been on a bit of a hiatus lately. But hey, it's back now!

This week, I have some poems written by my friend Katelynne, who goes to my school. I only have two to share right here, but she's an amazing writer, so you should check her out on DeviantArt too. She has a lot more poetry on there, and I encourage you to go read some of it!

So here are the poems, and I hope you enjoy!



Close your eyes
By Katelynne

baby just close your eyes
and turn away
the world is burning
and there's no need for you to see

just close your eyes
build up your walls
the world is burning
and there's nothing you can do

so just close your eyes
turn out the lights
the world is burning
and if you don't see it
maybe it'll all go away

open your eyes
look around
the world is still burning
closing your eyes
can only hide so many lies
Sticks and Stones
By Katelynne

Don't tell me sticks and stones
hurt more than words ever will.
Don't tell me a broken bone
hurts more than a broken heart.
I've heard it all before
don't want to hear it again

Because it's wrong.

Sticks and stones are just
sticks and stones
but words are knives, bullets,
dynamite.
The only difference is
you can't see the damage
on the inside.

Can you see the Band-Aids on my heart?

Put a cast on your broken leg,
wait for it to heal.
But put a cast on your broken heart,
try to hide your brokenness
from the world.

You can't heal a broken heart.

If someone breaks,
and no one around chooses to hear,
do they make a sound?
Or are they drowned out
by the sound of life around them?
Are they dismissed as background noise
by the very people who
say that they care?

Can you hear the sound of hearts breaking?

Open your eyes
take the plugs out of
your ears.
And choose to see
the broken hearts all
around you.

So there you have it! Remember to check out Katelynne's DeviantArt page, and I'll be back again on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment