Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Blue Cookies & Coke

(Yes, I see you snickering. I mean the soda.)

I promised I'd try to blog more often, but that really hasn't worked out, has it? Anyways, I am now unofficially done with school, so hopefully I'll make more time for blogging.

A couple of posts ago. I wrote that I need to blog more about Percy Jackson and all, so if the title wasn't enough of a clue... ta-da, here's that post! (And if you have no idea what's going on, you may as well turn back now).

Alright then, I'll try not to spend too much of your time fangirling, but I need to blog more, and this is a good topic to talk about. Not that anyone will read it, but here it is anyway. So... enjoy!

Some time ago, my friend Emily came over for the afternoon, and we made blue cookies. Sure, they turned out a little broken 'cause I put too many chocolate chips in, but they were blue! Also, there was Coke involved (see left). And, for some reason, orange cupcakes? Just ignore those. They have no significance.

If you're looking  to make your own blue cookies, I found a recipe here. Just FYI, You don't need to use cranberries like the recipe says, and instead of using a cookie cutter, I used a pizza cutter thingy. It explains why my cookies are so misshapen.

And um... click the jump for more!



So that's enough about the cookies. Did you guys hear about the new Sea of Monsters movie? You can watch the two trailers on Youtube:
Trailer 1
Trailer 2

So, yeah, there's that. Supposedly Thalia's going to be in it, along with some people/monsters who shouldn't. But I'll shut up and give it a chance. So far, it's not looking as messed up as The Lightning Thief movie.

Speaking of Sea of Monsters, I got my brother to read it recently. When he finished it, he came over to my room and our conversation went like this:
Me: Did you like it?
Paul: Yeah, it was good. I didn't like the ending so much though.
(If you've read the the book you know what it is. If not, basically it's a cliffhanger)
Me: You don't like cliffhangers, huh?
Paul: Not really.
Me: You better get used to it if you're going to read the rest of the books.

He has no idea what he's in for (Mark of Athena, anyone?)

Aaaaand on the subject of Mark of Athena and House of Hades, I wish to talk about stuff.
Like, depressing, who's-gonna-die stuff. Stuff that only my blog will listen to. I was going down to the list of eight demigods (it includes Nico) in the Heroes of Olympus series, and wondering who (if any of them) was going to have to stay on the other side when they close the doors of death. I forget who it was, but one of the characters said that they have to be closed on both sides. Therefore, someone gets trapped on the other side. So here are my thoughts:
Found here
Right now, this is
my iPod background

Percy or Annabeth -- No, because that would be like Rick Riordan asking for us to kill him.
Jason, Piper, Frank, or Hazel -- No, because they just don't seem likely. I can't picture it.
Nico -- Most likely, because he's not one of the seven. Also, consider his background.
Leo -- This one breaks my heart. But it could be him too, because he's the "seventh wheel." (always the odd one out.)
Or, you can have this scenerio:
Beautiful idea.

So that's about all I have to say right now! I'm gonna go. By the way, did you see my new avie? And "Subject 10" in the sidebar? You should look :) Will blog later!



No comments:

Post a Comment