Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Flyleaf Concert (2/24/13)

Hello again! So, two days after that Thousand Foot Krutch concert, I went to go see Flyleaf at the same place. Right now, they're on tour with Drowning Pool, who I hadn't heard of before. It was pretty interesting, because both bands have just gotten new lead singers (Kristen May, replaced former Flyleaf vocalist Lacey Sturm back in October-ish). Anyway, if you want to read more about the concert, click the jump!

There were two bands that performed before Flyleaf and Drowning Pool, one of which I forget the name of. However, the second band, Stars in Stereo was cool. I won't say I was super impressed by them, but they did put on a great show and they also performed a pretty awesome cover of "Dream On."

After Stars in Stereo, Drowning Pool took the stage. I'll be honest with you: I had no idea what was going on, haha. But they did have a great performance too, and they had some pretty okay music, even if it's not really the kind of stuff I'd normally listen to.

Finally, after Drowning Pool, Flyleaf came out with "Again" and "Call You Out," which both sounded pretty good. Most of the songs they performed were from their new album, New Horizons, such as "Fire Fire" and "Bury Your Heart," but they played older music too from Flyleaf and Memento Mori, like "Cassie" and "Swept Away." (You can see the whole list of songs below). I really enjoyed their show, and I think Kristen did a good job singing. She did, however, sound a lot better doing songs from New Horizons than older albums.

I guess I kinda had mixed feelings about her later: Yes, she has an amazing voice and yes, she's great with most of the Flyleaf songs everyone loves. But the thing that bothered me was that she didn't seem very... comfortable onstage. It wasn't like she was shy or just stood there awkwardly, but it felt like she was still getting used to being in control of the crowd. I dunno, maybe it was just me.

Anyway, that's my post about the Flyleaf and Drowning Pool concert. Below is the list of songs that Flyleaf performed, in order (I kept a list during the concert).

Again
Call You Out
New Horizons
Cassie
Perfect
Great Love
Fire Fire
Swept Away
Bury your Heart
I'm Sorry
Sorrow
Broken Wings
Fully Alive
Freedom
Cage on the Ground
Arise
All Around Me
I'm So Sick

No comments:

Post a Comment