Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Final Flyleaf Post for a While, I Promise

So uh, yeah, sorry I'm a little bit late. It's been kinda screwed up around here lately, with the hurricane and school and sleepovers and all that other chaos lately. But here I am! And, last Saturday (Nov. 3), I got my Flyleaf package in the mail! Actually, I wasn't there to receive it myself, since I was at an AWESOME sleepover party, but when my mom came to pick me up, she gave it to me.
By the way, that party was a blast! It was my friend Emily's fifteenth birthday, so she had a party in her cousin's basement. It was me (no DUH), Emily, Nina (the cousin), and Libby. We didn't go to bed until like, six in the morning. Then I woke up at nine, and everyone else got up at eleven. It was interesting. In short, we played logo quiz, listened to Nina and Libby's music (which means mostly Pink Floyd, Nirvana, Green Day, and My Chemical Romance), talked to Siri on the iPad, watched the Percy Jackson movie (Nina and I talked through the entire thing), played/watched Just Dance 3(?), and ate cupcakes. Yeah, it was a lot of fun!!

Okay. Sorry, got a bit sidetracked there. So, back to the Flyleaf stuff, I got the cheapest package, the one with the CD and the t-shirt. I was thinking about the poster too, but when I got the CD, I realized that the album "booklet" folds out into a poster. So I'm probably gonna ask my dad to color copy it at his office. Maybe I'll get some for my friends too. Except almost none of them like Flyleaf. Sigh. Well, I'll get some extra copies anyway.
Oh, and I finally got to listen to the whole album! My favorite songs are... Who am I kidding? I like them all!! Their new version of "Broken Wings" is great, by the way. And I may have mentioned this before, but I love how some of the other band members (Sameer and Pat) sing on some songs. Honestly, I think this is my favorite Flyleaf album. Yeah, it might not be as heavy as "Memento Mori" (disclaimer: listen to "Green Heart), but I love it. And even though this has nothing to do with anything, but they mention fire a lot on this album too.

So uh... With that, see ya later!

"Hold fast, don't you look at the past. Because hope and love last beyond the end." - "Stand"
"That's enough now, dry your tears. It's been a long eleven years." - "Fire Fire"
I love these lyrics!

No comments:

Post a Comment